The following is an outline of the last 40+ years of Capitalist economics, what it has caused, and what is yet to come.
The explanation for the success of Corbyn, Farage, Trump, Bernie, and many more you have never heard of in places you never knew existed lays below. The Center ground has failed.
WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR WAGES POST 1980 UK / US
WHAT HAPPENED TO POOREST U.K PEOPLES POST 1980
WHAT HAPPENED TO AMERICAN PEOPLES PRE/POST 1980
A REASON WHY WE DON’T TAX THE RICH ANYMORE & WHO WAS PRIMARILY RESPONSIBLE
EXAMPLES OF HOW CAPITALISM HAS FAILED THE WESTERN MAJORITY:UK
^ In addition to this, 16 million working age people in the UK have less than £100 in savings, living paycheck to paycheck. Prior to 1980 the UK peoples were net savers, post 1980 you can see whats happened.
^ This chart shows that the majority of new income generated from the explosion of profits post 1980 has not been passed on to those who created those profits. If you want to know where it went, Keep reading.
WHAT HAPPENED TO EXECUTIVE PAY POST 1980:UK
EXAMPLES OF HOW CAPITALISM HAS FAILED THE WESTERN MAJORITY:USA
^ For a country that has no universal healthcare nor free education to spend that much on war does nothing more than create enemies with whom to fight. US total military spending + reserve = $1TRILLION a year. For Comparison, Russia spends $60Billion. As does the UK. The banks however are making a killing off Arms in general. Google “disaster Capitalism” for more info.
WHAT HAPPENED TO EXECUTIVE PAY POST 1980:USA
WHAT THE ELITES DID WITH OUR STOLEN WAGES
^ This doesn’t even cover their hard assets. This is just the excess cash they don’t know what to do with because their is virtually no return on investment to be found in the global economy and you can only buy so many shares before the returns don’t match your outlay. It is now $12+Trillion as of 2016. And its also a big driver behind a rising stock market above a stagnant global economy.
WHEN THE WAGE THEFT TOOK OFF. USA DATA
UK=A MIRROR IMAGE
I can replicate this picture in most capitalist countries. A model Exported via financial markets of US&UK over the 1980’s and 90’s is now dominant. It is supply side economics or “neoliberal” economics as the media likes to say without a clue as to its history nor the citizens of Chile murdered for its founding but that’s another story.
Generally speaking, modern Capitalist economics doesn’t give a damn how much money is in your pocket, you are a consumer only. Only when you can’t increase your consumption year on year by taking on more debt do the asset owning classes care(1929/2008) but only enough to pillage your country’s savings to allow them to keep lending you the wages you no longer get for what you produce for them per hour, and haven’t done since before 1980, never to change.
Indeed, it’s getting worse: (clicking a link should open it in new window)
points of interest:
- 66% of all shares globally are owned by 1% of the population. That 1% decide the board of directors who make decisions in their interests that effect the economics and thus lives of billions of people.
- In the UK, half the working age population has less than £100 in the bank. Thats 16 million people. The next 4 million have less than £1000. These are working people, in their millions, that after working the entire year wouldn’t have enough left in the bank to pay for a new combi boiler. The USA and many other western nations are no better.
Question: Do I think going back to the laws and tax rates of 1945 -> 1980 (a return to Keynesian economics) will help? NO. If we reverse history with laws, when we are grey and mostly gone, the new generation of the 1% will use their wealth to undo everything working people achieved, as they have done many times before. The repeat of history has to stop if this world is to survive, the instabilities of capitalism have to end if all our people are to live with dignity. And you can only do that with systemic change.
HOW MODERN SOCIALISM CAN SAVE CAPITALISM FROM ITSELF & AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT UKLABOUR PARTY UNDER CORBYN WANT
Along with this is a law that UK Labour party will pass that states, any company selling up, merging, off shoring, closing, the workers will be given the option, to take control of and operate the company or the buildings and equipment that the company has here if a multinational chooses to leave, and the public bank Jeremy will create will provide the loans to do so.
The Corporations will not be allowed to take the equipment and resources the UK taxpayer subsidized if they leave. The workers left behind take that over. It’s called Democracy @ work and Germany already has similar laws including that 45% of the board of directors of a company employing over 1000people must be taken from the base work force. All combined, it’s a major reason why their manufacturing hasn’t buggered off to China.
If the UK/USA had these laws by 1980 the last 40 years would have been very different indeed, it would have made it so much more difficult for capitalism to abandon the country’s in which it grew up, and with the tools and factories left behind turned over to the workers the corporate elites would have to compete with the workers they left behind for their UK market share which they would lose once the word got out in favour of the UK workers at X factory v shoddy Chinese goods from x Global Capitalist Supranational Corporation.
Socialism & the Media
We are told three lies regarding Karl Marx & Socialism by our historians, teachers, parents, media, and the defenders and beneficiaries of Capitalism:
The Media Says Marx =
- 1) Central planning
- 2) Government ownership
- 3) Single party rule i.e. the USSR on wards …
He never wrote a single word on these three topics above, nor did he ever propose “an economic model to follow”. He was a critic of Capitalism. For the private sector, he wanted nothing less than democracy at work in order to save capitalism from itself and save us from Capitalism. He saw and documented the future from 150 years ago, and our leaders response was to discredit him through manipulations of economic fact and history taught from the youngest age in the farthest schools for eternity.
His entire and ONLY focus was on the problems and injustices of capitalism and how to solve them, this is why our Captains of Capitalism, our education, our historians and the Media have lied to us for generations. His life and writing are a danger to the slave master relationship that the asset owning classes want regardless of the country where they control the show, capitalism promised to get rid of this slave master relationship which is a hangover from feudalism with liberty, equality, and fraternity and then it failed to do so anywhere on this earth, instead creating a global version of the hunger games with a trans boarder capable elite.
In summary, Capitalism, has collapsed twice in 75 years and had 11 downturns in between for the USA, 6 for the UK, now entering the 12th/7th since the depression. As I have proven, and many places are proving, we can do better than capitalism. We MUST do better than capitalism, or else it’s only ever downwards for the western majority from here on out. We need to move far quicker than we are at reclaiming our economies for the many not the few. We are out of time…
Ecology collapse via rapid climate change
The Crisis driven by Capitalism.
Some simple immutable scientific facts:
- The global Capitalist economy doubles in size over the course of 30yrs @ avg norm of 3% growth a year.
- With each doubling comes a doubling of energy and resources required*Source Post Carbon institute. IEA.
- Man-made Co2 emissions take roughly 37yrs from emission to become fully active participants in climate warming.
- Co2 is cumulative and persistent over millennia. Meaning every gram we have emitted as a species over the last millenia is having an effect on us today, when this was small scale and the population low it was inconsequentioal, today Co2 production is a global industry and it will not naturally resolve itself within acceptable human time frames if we dont take massive immediate measures.
- Above 2.3oC of warming = runaway warming. All life on earth will be in terminal decline by 2100.
- The system will not save us. Paris climate deal in 2015 promised not to break 1.5 oC of warming, but constant rises in temperature may now be inevitable due to the lag to effect. Consequently any measures we put in place to reduce carbon today, will not be felt for decades. We have no time left for discussion yet we are locked into an economic system that demands it survive at the cost of this world.
- Transportation accounts for 20.7% of global emissions*2013. Nothing can replace the 1.2billion fossil fuelled vehicles we have today, we do not have the electrical generating capacity nor the available space in emissions before 1.5oC to produce a billion electric cars and infrastructure globally, and charge a third of that number in electric vehicles. Their limited range impairs their usefulness to a global economy with supply chains that cross continents.
- There will be near 2 billion fossil fuel vehicles in use by 2050. 150 to 250 million electric vehicles. Yes it is progress but it will be too slow to be of use.
- If we stopped all man made production of Co2 RIGHT NOW. Temperatures would still rise for near four decades due to the lag to effect of man-made Co2, meaning it may already be too late to avoid 2.3oC never mind 1.5oC as set out by Paris climate talks.
It is my belief that I have spotted something that our climate models missed and our world leaders either do not know about, or they do not want you to know the following. We only discovered the 37yr lag to effect in 2012. This means all warming experienced so far is prior to 1980, i.e. prior to globalization’s accent. Post 1980 we massively increased our rate of Co2 emissions year on year, in effect, we turned the gas up on the stove, and only now, 2015> do I believe we will see the full effects of this. If I am right, changes will happen far quicker than models previously suggested which in turn may lead to all life on earth being in terminal decline by 2100 as crops fail and resource wars rage.
As you will see from this image, the rate of warming has increased dramatically over the past few months. for now we are blaming el nino. I am not so sure. Time will tell…
Congratulations You now know everything you need to know about how capitalism is failing the majority and one way to try to change it via democracy at work which is more than most politicians and economists will ever offer you. Power never conceded a damned thing without demand. You may also have trouble sleeping at night if you’ve understood it all and realise the implication of continuing as we are.